To backbone - Collection - Intake - Final drop : was ist das ? ==> Synopsis
- To backbone : preference is given to (small) municipal roads and to unpaved rural paths
- To backbone : cables directly buried... with ad hoc cables (anti-crushing, anti-rodents) ; duct(s) only if strongly required [ To be noticed : a cable is finally a mini-duct itself and double the number of fibers increases the cable cost by only 20% keeping in mind that... the cable itself represents only 10% of the overall cost ]
- To backbone : trenching by a wheel fastened onto a farming tractor : 7€ HT/ml with automatic lay down of the cable : depth 40cm, tender ground, 250m/hour (vidéos : depth=1m in young and hard slate !)
- Collection by means of grooving with light and handy machines (depth : 25cm, disks with carbide teeth) - Aerial collection on poles only in case of real buried impossibility
==> Collection + to-backbone between 10 and 20€ HT/meter instead of 45 to 80 (France) !
- Intake and Final drop : pre-connectorized kits with possible DIY lay down or grooving (in enterprises areas, e.g)
- Real time RTK (± 5cm) positioning of cables, boxes and cabinets => geographical database
- Local actors are asked to contribute and can raise their competence level : farmers, electricians or TV craftsmen, high schools...
Our equipments that reduce costs
To backbone -
Final drop (vidéo) -
Similar approaches elsewhere
Contributions FibTic à l'ARCEP